This morning I finally put the finishing touches on ShieldBoy, an Arduino shield to aid in building an ArduinoBoy, a device built by Trash80 to enable MIDI functions with various GameBoy music sequencers. I ran into a few minor issues along the way – the diode was in the wrong orientation according to the silkscreen on the board (oops!) and I’m having some trouble getting MIDI out working. Using LSDJ as a MIDI slave, though, works like a champ! I’m also fairly excited to try out mGB and will likely tackle that later today.

I plan on adding the build instructions, parts list, video etc. to our ShieldBoy page soon as well, but for now, check out the purty pictures!